If you have a question, please send it to us.
1) What type of features and capabilities are possible with Office Add-ins ?
For introductory information about Office Add-ins, check out the Office Add-ins platform overview article:
This article describes various ways that Office Add-ins can extend and interact with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
It also contains links to other resources for learning more about the Office Add-ins platform and APIs.
link - docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/add-ins/overview/office-add-ins
2) Will the Office Add-ins functionality and features ever be equivalent to that of VBA or VSTO ?
100% parity might not be possible, due to the multi-platform nature of Office Add-ins, and the fact that certain Windows functionality is not achievable on other platforms.
3) What is the best way to get technical support for Office Add-in development ?
Post "how-to" programming questions to StackOverflow with the office-js tag.
Log issues in the GitHub repository if you discover a bug in the API.
(for example, if an API works in Excel desktop but not in Excel on the web).
Alternatively you can always send us an email (officeaddins@)
link - stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/office-js
link - github.com/OfficeDev/office-js
4) Can we migrate our existing COM add-in to an Office Add-in ?
There is no simple migration path, you will have to create the Office Add-in from scratch.
Not all the functionality in your COM add-in will be available in the Office JS APIs.
5) Are there any regular calls for users to connect with the development team at Microsoft ?
Here is a List of Previous Calls that have taken place.
© 2021 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2021 Better Solutions Limited TopPrevNext