Questions - Percentages
1) What is a Percentage ?
Percent means out of 100.
So 20% means 20 out of 100 or (20/100) as a fraction
2) How do we Convert a Percentage to a Decimal ?
Divide the percentage by 100 to get a decimal number.
3) How do we Convert a Percentage to a Fraction ?
Divide the percentage by 100 to get a decimal number
Use that number as the numerator (top) of a fraction. Put a 1 in the denominator (bottom) of the fraction.
4) What is Percentage Change ?
5) What is Percentage Increase ?
6) What is Percentage Decrease ?
7) How many people can the concert hall hold in total ?
A concert hall has sold 60% of its tickets
There are 28 tickets that remain unsold.
40% not sold = 28
total = (28/4) * 10 = (7*10) = 70 people
8) What percentage of all the pupils play both the violin and piano ?
70% of all the pupils play violin
80% of all the pupils play piano
What is the largest possible answer ?
What is the smallest possible answer ?
9) Calculate 16% of 50 ?
10) What is 15% more than 100 ?
11) What is 26% as a decimal ?
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited TopPrevNext