NPER(rate, pmt, pv [,fv] [,type])
Returns the number of periods for an investment (Double).
|rate||The interest rate per period (Double).|
|pmt||The payment to be made each period (Double).|
|pv||The present value of the future payments (Double).|
|fv||(Optional) The future value (Double).|
|type||(Optional) True or False to specify when payments are due|
|* This function returns the number of periods for an annuity based on periodic, fixed payments and a fixed interest rate.|
* An annuity is a series of fixed cash payments made over a period of time. An annuity can be a loan (such as a home mortgage) or an investment (such as a monthly savings plan).
* For example, if you get a car loan at an annual percentage rate (APR) of 10 percent and make monthly payments, the rate per period is 0.1/12, or 0.0083.
* If "pv" is left blank, then it is assumed to be 0.
* If "pmt" is left blank, then it is assumed to be 0.
* For example, if you make monthly payments on a four-year car loan, your loan has a total of 4 * 12 (or 48) payment periods.
* Payments usually contain principal and interest that doesn't change over the life of the annuity.
* For example, when you borrow money to buy a car, the loan amount is the present value to the lender of the monthly car payments you will make. If omitted, 0 is assumed.
* Use 0 if payments are due at the end of the payment period, or use 1 if payments are due at the beginning of the period.
* The "rate" and "nper" arguments must be calculated using payment periods expressed in the same units. For example, if rate is calculated using months, nper must also be calculated using months.
* For all arguments, cash paid out (such as deposits to savings) is represented by negative numbers.
* The equivalent Excel function is Application.WorksheetFunction.NPER
* The equivalent .NET function is Microsoft.VisualBasic.Financial.NPer
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to docs.microsoft.com
Nper(0.0821, 400, 2000) = 4.359
© 2020 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2020 Better Solutions Limited Top