XNPV(rate, values, dates)
Returns the present value for a series of unequal cash flows at irregular intervals.
|rate||The discount rate to apply to the cash flows.|
|values||A series of cash flows.|
|dates||A series of payment dates that correspond to the cash flows.|
|* This function assumes all payments are at the end of each period.|
* A negative number represents any cash you pay out.
* A positive number represents any cash you receive (start with or end with).
* The "rate" must be a positive number and can be thought of as the effective rate ?
* All succeeding payments are discounted based on a 365-day year.
* The "values" series must contain at least one positive value and one negative value.
* If "values" and "dates" contain a different number of values, then #NUM! is returned.
* The "dates" must all be later than the first date, but they may occur in any order.
* The "dates" series are truncated to integers.
* If "dates" contains any invalid date strings, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "dates" contain any dates before the first date, then #NUM! is returned.
* If any argument is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* You can use the PV function to return the present value of a series of equal cash flows at regular intervals.
* You can use the NPV function to return the present value of a series of unequal cash flows at regular intervals.
* You can use the XIRR function to return the interest rate for a series of unequal cash flows at irregular intervals.
* In Excel 2007 the accuracy of this function was improved.
* In Excel 2003 this function was only available when you had the Analysis ToolPak add-in loaded.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
|1 - What is the present value of receiving £10,000 in 4 years time if the discount rate is 10% (compounded annually) with payments at the end of each period.|
10 - The number of dates is not the same as the number of cash flows
11 - The rate is a negative number
12 - The dates are not entered as serial numbers
© 2019 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2019 Better Solutions Limited Top