Returns the tangent of an angle (Double).
|number||The number you want the tangent of in radians (Double).|
|* This function takes an angle and returns the ratio of two sides of a right angled triangle.|
* The tangent ratio is the length of the side opposite the angle divided by the length of the side adjacent to the angle.
* If your argument is in degrees, multiple it by PI/180 to convert it to radians.
* If your argument is in radians, multiply it by 180/PI to convert it to degrees.
* The reciprocal of this function (1/TAN) is called the cotangent.
* You can use the ATN function to return the inverse of this function (arc-tangent).
* You can use the COS function to return the cosine of a number.
* You can use the SIN function to return the sine of a number.
* The equivalent Excel function is Application.WorksheetFunction.TAN
* The equivalent .NET function is System.Math.Tan
* For a working example refer to the Trigonometry page.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to docs.microsoft.com
Debug.Print Tan(0) '= 0
Debug.Print Tan(0.5) '= 0.546
Debug.Print Tan(0.785) '= 1
Debug.Print Tan(1) '= 1.557
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top