CALL(register_id, argument [,argument2])
CALL(module_text, procedure, type_text, argument1 [,argument2])
Returns the results from a procedure in a DLL or code resource.
|register_id||The value returned from a REGISTER or REGISTER.ID function.|
|argument1||The first argument to be passed to the procedure.|
|argument2||(Optional) The second argument to be passed to the procedure.|
|module_text||The name of the DLL that contains the procedure (for Windows).|
|procedure||The name of the procedure in the DLL (for Windows).|
|type_text||The text string specifying the data type of the return value.|
|* This function does not appear in the 'Insert Function' dialog box.|
* Lets you call a dll function directly from a cell on an XLM sheet. Allows you to point to a function defined in a dll and then call that from a worksheet cell. To use this function you need to wrap an XLM and expose it as an XLM worksheet function. Or you can use VBA to wrap the call. This function is case sensitive.
* You can also use the ordinal value of the function from the EXPORTS statement in the module-definition file (.DEF) although this must not be in text format.
* You can also use the resource ID number although this must not be in text format.
* The "type_text" also lists the data types of all arguments to the DLL or code resource.
* The first letter of type_text specifies the return value. The codes you use for type_text are described in detail in Using the CALL and REGISTER Functions.
* The "type_text" argument is not needed for stand-alone DLLs or code resources (XLLs).
* You can have a maximum of ?? Arguments.
* This Excel function cannot be called from VBA and there is no VBA equivalent.
* If you are using a Macintosh then the function syntax is slightly different CALL(file_text, resource, type_text, argument1). file_text is the name of the file that contains the code resource. resource is the name of the procedure in the code resource.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
© 2019 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2019 Better Solutions Limited Top