Returns the next valid free file number (Integer).
|rangenumber||(Optional) The number which is the next free file (Variant):|
0 = range 1 - 255
1 = range 256 - 511
|* The "rangenumber" specifies the range from which the next free file number is to be returned.|
* If "rangenumber" is left blank, then 0 is used.
* This function should be used when you use the OPEN statement.
* This function should be used to supply a file number that is not already in use.
* If you have been letting the system supply the file number, checking this value will reveal how many files have been opened this session.
* The equivalent .NET function is Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.FreeFile
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to docs.microsoft.com
Dim ifileno As Integer
ifileno = 8
Open "C:\temp\myfile.txt" For Output As #ifileno
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top