Returns the column number of a cell reference.
|reference||(Optional) The cell or range of cells which you want the column number for.|
|* This function can return multiple values.|
* When this function returns multiple values it will create a Dynamic Formula in Excel 2021.
* The "reference" can be a cell reference or a named range.
* The "reference" cannot refer to multiple areas ??
* If "reference" is left blank, then the reference of the cell containing the function is used.
* If "reference" is a range of cells, then the cell in the top left corner of the reference is used.
* If "reference" is a range of cells referring to a horizontal array and the function is entered as a horizontal array formula using (Ctrl + Shift + Enter) then an array of column numbers is returned.
* You can use the COLUMNS function to return the number of columns in a cell range or reference.
* You can use the ROW function to return the row number of a cell reference.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
* For the Google documentation refer to support.google.com
|1 - What column number is this formula in.|
2 - What column number is the cell range "B1".
3 - What column number is the cell range "D1".
4 - What column number is the cell range "D1:D2".
5 - What column number is the cell range "C1:D1". This returns two numbers.
© 2023 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Better Solutions Limited Top