|DB(cost, salvage, life, period [,month])|
Returns the depreciation of an asset in a single period (declining balance method).
|cost||The original cost of the asset.|
|salvage||The value of the asset at the end of its life.|
|life||The number of periods over which the asset is being depreciated.|
|period||The period to calculate the depreciation over.|
|month||(Optional) The number of months in the first year between 1 and 12 (12).|
|* The declining balance method computes depreciation at a fixed rate.|
* The depreciation amount is calculated using: (cost - total depreciation from prior periods) * rate
* The value at the end of the depreciation (sometimes called the salvage value of the asset).
* The "period" and "life" must both use the same units.
* If "month" is left blank, then 12 is used.
* The number of periods over which the asset is being depreciated (sometimes called the useful life of the asset).
* If the cell contains the General number format, then the format is automatically changed to "£#,##0.00;".
* You can use the DDB function to return the depreciation of an asset in a single period (double or triple declining balance method).
* You can use the SLN function to return the straight line depreciation of an asset for one period.
* You can use the SYD function to return the depreciation of an asset using the sum of years method.
* You can use the VDB function to return the depreciation of an asset using a variable declining method.
* For a working example refer to the Quant > Accounting > Depreciation page.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
* For the Google documentation refer to support.google.com
|1 - How much has my car depreciated in the first year if I bought it for £45,000 and its resale value after 4 years is £15,000.|
2 - How much has my car depreciated in the second year.
3 - How much has my car depreciated in the third year.
4 - How much has my car depreciated in the fourth year.
5 - This is checking the above four results. The total depreciation over 4 years is £30,000
6 - What is the depreciation of my car in the first month if I bought it for £45,000 and its resale value after 4 years is £15,000.
7 - What is the depreciated of my car in the second month.
8 - What is the depreciation of my car depreciated in the twelfth month.
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top