Returns the date serial number representing today's date.
|* This is one of the few functions that does not require any arguments.|
* This function is Volatile and will change everytime a cell on the worksheet is calculated.
* This function will update when the workbook is recalculated.
* You must include the empty parentheses after the function name.
* The serial number is the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel for date and time calculations.
* If the cell has the "General" number format, then this cell is formatted automatically to "dd/mm/yyyy".
* If you want to enter a static date that will not change or update, use the shortcut key (Ctrl + ;).
* If you want to enter a static time that will not change or update, use the shortcut key (Ctrl + Shift + ;).
* You can use the DATE function to return the date serial number given a YEAR, MONTH, DAY.
* You can use the NOW function to return the serial number of the current system date and time.
* You can use the TIME function to return the time as a decimal given an HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
* For the Google documentation refer to support.google.com
|1 - What is the current system date. This cell has been formatted with the number format "dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy".|
2 - What is the current system date and time. This cell has been formatted with the number format "dddd, mmmm dd, yyyy, hh:mm".
3 - What is the date of the previous day.
4 - What is the day component from the date displayed in cell "A1".
5 - What is the month component from the date displayed in cell "A1".
6 - What is the year component from the date displayed in cell "A1".
© 2023 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Better Solutions Limited Top