BETA.DIST(x, alpha, beta, cumulative, [,A] [,B])
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a beta distribution.
|x||The number between A and B from the distribution.|
|alpha||The first parameter to the distribution.|
|beta||The second parameter to the distribution.|
|cumulative||The type of function to use:|
True = cumulative probability function (less than)
False = probability density function (equal to)
|A||(Optional) The lower bound to the interval of x.|
|B||(Optional) The upper bound to the interval of x.|
|* Added in Excel 2010.|
* This function replaces the BETADIST function and to make it more consistent with the NORMDIST function.
* The beta distribution is a continuous distribution.
* If "cumulative" = True, then the area under the curve to the left of "x" is returned. This uses the cumulative probability function.
* If "cumulative" = False, then the height of the bell shaped curve at "x" is returned. This uses the probability density function.
* All the values are greater than zero
* If the parameters are equal, the distribution is symmetrical.
* If either parameter is 1 and the other parameter is greater than 1, the distribution is J-shaped.
* If alpha is less than beta, the distribution is said to be positively skewed (most of the values are near the minimum value).
* If alpha is greater than beta, the distribution is negatively skewed (most of the values are near the maximum value).
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
© 2019 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2019 Better Solutions Limited Top