|CHOOSE(index_num, value1 [,value2] [..])|
Returns the value in a row (or column) based on an index number.
|index_num||The position you want to return.|
|value1||The first value.|
|value2||(Optional) The second value.|
|* This function can return multiple values.|
* This function can create a Dynamic Array Formula.
* When this function returns multiple values it will create a Dynamic Formula in Excel 2021.
* The "index_num" can be between 1 and 29 that specifies which value to choose.
* If "index_num" = 1 then "value1" is returned.
* If "index_num" = 2 then "value2" is returned, and so on.
* If "index_num" < 1, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "index_num" > the number of arguments, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "index_num" is a fraction, it is truncated to the lowest integer before being used.
* If "index_num" is an array, every value is evaluated.
* The "index_num" can be a formula or reference to a cell containing a number between 1 and 29.
* The "value" arguments can be numbers, cell references, named ranges, formulas, functions or text.
* You can have a maximum of 255 arguments.
* You can use the INDEX function when you have more than 255 values.
* You can use the MATCH function to return the position of a value.
* You can use the SUM function to return the total value of the numbers in a list, table or cell range.
* The equivalent VBA function is VBA.CHOOSE
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
* For the Google documentation refer to support.google.com
|1 - What is the 3rd item in the given list.|
2 - What is the 2nd item in the given list.
3 - What value is returned when the index number is 2.5.
4 - What is the 2nd item in the given list.
5 - What is the 5th item in the given list.
6 - What are the values 3 and 4 in the given list.
7 - This function can return values from cells with named ranges.
8 - What if the index number is less than one.
9 - What if the index number is greater than the number of arguments.
10 - What if the second argument is a list.
© 2023 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Better Solutions Limited Top