DSTDEVP(database, field, criteria)
Returns the standard deviation of a database column satisfying certain conditions based on an entire population.
|database||The range of cells that make up the database or list.|
|field||The column name or number indicating which column to use.|
|criteria||The range of cells that contain the conditions.|
|* The population is based on the entire population.|
* The "database" can be a cell reference or a named range.
* The "database" range of cells must contain column headings in the first row. See Example ??
* The "field" can be a column label, a column number (left to right) or a cell reference.
* The "field" label is not case sensitive. See Example ??
* If "field" is left blank, then #VALUE! is returned. See Example ??
* If "field" refers to a column containing text and not numerical values, then 0 is returned.
* The "criteria" mus include at least one column label and at least one cell below the column label for specifying the condition.
* The "criteria" can be anywhere on the active sheet, although it is recommended not to put it below the data, in case more data is added later on.
* The "criteria" must be in adjacent cells.
* If "criteria" is left blank, then #VALUE! is returned. See Example ??
* Make sure the "criteria" and "database" ranges do not overlap and that they are always separated by at least one blank row or column.
* To perform an operation on an entire column in a database, enter a blank line below the column labels in the "criteria" range.
* If more than one row meets the criteria, then #NUM! is returned.
* If no rows meet the criteria, then #VALUE! is returned. See Example ??
* Any cells containing text, logical values or errors are not included.
* Notice the difference between the two results obtained from rows 8 and 9.
* For a working example of how to specify your database criteria refer to the Specifying Database Criteria page.
* It is possible to use the data from a pivot table. When the "database" range refers to a cell inside a pivot table, the calculation is only performed on the data currently displayed in the pivot table.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top