GAMMADIST(x, alpha, beta, cumulative)
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a gamma distribution.
|x||The number from the distribution.|
|alpha||The first parameter to the distribution.|
|beta||The second parameter to the distribution.|
|cumulative||The type of function to use:|
True = cumulative probability function (less than)
False = probability mass function (equal to)
|* GAMMA.DIST was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* The gamma distribution is a continuous distribution.
* If "x" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "x" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "alpha" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "alpha" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "beta" = 1, then the standard gamma distribution is used.
* If "beta" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "beta" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* The "cumulative" argument is not optional.
* If "cumulative" = True, then the area under the curve to the left of "x" is returned. This uses the cumulative probability function.
* If "cumulative" = False, then the height of the curve at "x" is returned. This uses the probability mass function.
* This function is also known as the Erlang distribution, when "alpha" is a positive integer.
* In Excel 2010 the accuracy of this function was improved.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2021 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2021 Better Solutions Limited Top