POISSON(x, mean, cumulative)
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a poisson distribution.
|x||The number of events.|
|mean||The expected numeric value.|
|cumulative||The type of function to use|
True = cumulative probability function
False = probability mass function
|* POISSON.DIST was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* The Poisson distribution is a discrete distribution.
* A common application of the Poisson distribution is predicting the number of events over a specific time, such as the number of cars arriving at a toll plaza in 1 minute.
* If "x" is not an integer, it is truncated.
* If "x" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "mean" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "mean" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "x" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "x" = 0, then
* In Excel 2010 the accuracy of this function was improved.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
© 2020 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2020 Better Solutions Limited Top