|BINOM.DIST(number_s, trials, probability_s, cumulative)|
Returns the probability distribution function OR the cumulative distribution function for a binomial distribution.
|number_s||The number of successes out of the trials.|
|trials||The number of independent trials.|
|probability_s||The probability of a success on each trial.|
|cumulative||A logical value indicating the type of function to use:|
False = probability distribution function (equal to)
True = cumulative probability function (equal to or less than)
|* This function was added in Excel 2010 to replace the BINOMDIST function.|
* The binomial distribution is a discrete distribution
* If "cumulative" = False / 0, then the height of the bell shaped curve at "x" is returned. This uses the probability mass function
* If "cumulative" = True / 1, then the area under the curve to the left of "x" is returned. This uses the cumulative probability function
* All the values are greater than zero.
* You can use the BINOM.INV function to return the inverse of the probability distribution function for a binomial distribution.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2023 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Better Solutions Limited Top