|BINOM.DIST(number_s, trials, probability_s, cumulative)|
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a binomial distribution.
|number_s||The number of successes out of the trials.|
|trials||The number of independent trials.|
|probability_s||The probability of a success on each trial.|
|cumulative||A logical value indicating the type of function to use:|
True / 1 = cumulative probability function (less than)
False / 0 = probability mass function (equal to)
|* This function was added in Excel 2010 to replace the BINOMDIST function.|
* The binomial distribution is a discrete distribution.
* If "cumulative" = True, then the area under the curve to the left of "x" is returned. This uses the cumulative probability function.
* If "cumulative" = False, then the height of the bell shaped curve at "x" is returned. This uses the probability mass function.
* All the values are greater than zero.
* You can use the BINOM.INV function to return the probability of getting greater than a particular value in a binomial distribution.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top