|NEGBINOM.DIST(number_f, number_s, probability_s, cumulative)|
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a negative binomial distribution.
|number_f||The number of failures.|
|number_s||The threshold number of successes.|
|probability_s||The probability of a success.|
|cumulative||A logical value indicating the type of function to use:|
True = cumulative probability function
False = probability mass function
|* This function replaces the NEGBINOMDIST function.|
* The negative binomial distribution is a discrete distribution.
* This function returns the probability that there will be "number_f" failures before the "number_s"-th success, when the constant probability of a success is "probability_s".
* For example, you need to find 10 people with excellent reflexes, and you know the probability that a candidate has these qualifications is 0.3.
* This function calculates the probability that you will interview a certain number of unqualified candidates before finding all 10 qualified candidates.
* The "number_f" and "number_s" are truncated to integers.
* If any of the arguments are not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned
* If "probability_s" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "probability_s" > 1, then #NUM! is returned.
* If ("number_f" + "number_s" - 1) = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* The equation for the negative binomial distribution is: ??
* Added in Excel 2010.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top