HYPGEOMDIST(sample_s, number_sample, population_s, number_population)
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a hyper geometric distribution (finite population) (no cumulative).
|sample_s||The number of successes in the sample.|
|number_sample||The size of the sample.|
|population_s||The number of successes in the population.|
|number_population||The size of the population.|
|* HYPGEOM.DIST was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* In Excel 2010 the HYPGEOM.DIST function has an additional parameter "cumulative".
* This function always returns the cumulative distribution function ???? There is no option for the probability mass function.
* The hypo geometric distribution is a discrete distribution.
* This function returns the probability of a given number of sample successes, given the sample size, population successes, and population size.
* You should use this function for problems with a finite population, where each observation is either a success or a failure, and where each subset of a given size is chosen with equal likelihood.
* All arguments are truncated to integers.
* If any argument is nonnumeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "sample_s" < 0 or "sample_s" is greater than the lesser of "number_sample" or "population_s", then #NUM! is returned.
* If "sample_s" < ("number_sample" - "number_population" + "population_s"), then #NUM! is returned.
* If "number_sample" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "number_sample" > "number_population", then #NUM! is returned.
* If "population_s" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "population_s" > "number_population", then #NUM! is returned.
* If "number_population" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* In Excel 2010 the accuracy of this function was improved.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
© 2020 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2020 Better Solutions Limited Top