|BETAINV(probability, alpha, beta [,A] [,B])|
Returns the inverse of the probability distribution function for a beta distribution.
|probability||The probability associated with the distribution.|
|alpha||The parameter to the distribution.|
|beta||The parameter to the distribution.|
|A||(Optional) The lower bound to the interval of x.|
|B||(Optional) The upper bound to the interval of x.|
|* BETA.INV was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* The beta distribution is a [[continuous distribution]]
* If "probability" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "probability" > 1, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "alpha" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "beta" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "A" and "B" are left blank, then the standard cumulative beta distribution is used with A = 0 and B = 1.
* If "A" is left blank, then 0 is used.
* If "B" is left blank, then 1 is used.
* This function uses an iterative technique for calculating the function. Given a probability value, the function iterates until the result is accurate to within ±3x10-7.
* If any of the arguments are not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If the function does not converge after 100 iterations, then #N/A is returned.
* You can use the BETA.DIST to return the probability distribution function OR the cumulative distribution function for a beta distribution.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2023 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Better Solutions Limited Top