Returns the first or left most characters in a text string.
|text||The text string that contains the characters you want to extract.|
|num_chars||(Optional) The number of characters you want to extract.|
|* If "num_chars" < 0, then #VALUE! is returned.|
* If "num_chars" > the length of the "text", then "text" is returned.
* If "num_chars" is left blank, then 1 is used.
* Any blank spaces are counted as individual characters.
* You can use the RIGHT function to return the last or right most characters in a text string.
* You can use the TRIM function to return a text string with all spaces removed from the beginning, middle and end.
* You can use the LEFTB function if you have languages that use the double-byte character set.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
© 2020 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2020 Better Solutions Limited Top