NORMDIST(x, mean, standard_dev, cumulative)
Returns the probability of getting less than or equal to a particular value in a normal distribution.
|x||The number from the distribution.|
|mean||The arithmetic mean of the distribution.|
|standard_dev||The standard deviation of the distribution.|
|cumulative||The type of function to use:|
True = cumulative probability function (less than)
False = probability density function (equal to)
|* NORM.DIST was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* The normal distribution is a continuous distribution.
* If "x" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "mean" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "standard_dev" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "standard_dev" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "cumulative" = True, then the area under the curve to the left of "x" is returned. This uses the cumulative distribution function.
* If "cumulative" = False, then the height of the curve at "x" is returned. This uses the probability density function.
* Example - If "mean" = 0 and "standard_dev" = 1 this function is equivalent to the standard normal distribution.
* In Excel 2010 the accuracy of this function was improved - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/827371/description-of-the-normdist-function-in-excel
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
© 2022 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2022 Better Solutions Limited Top