|NORMINV(probability, mean, standard_dev)|
Returns the inverse of the probability distribution function for a normal distribution.
|probability||The probability associated with the distribution.|
|mean||The arithmetic mean of the distribution.|
|standard_dev||The standard deviation of the distribution.|
|* NORM.INV was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* The normal distribution is a [[continuous distribution]]
* If "probability" < 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "probability" > 1, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "probability" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "mean" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* If "standard_dev" = 0, then #NUM! is returned.
* If "standard_dev" is not numeric, then #VALUE! is returned.
* This function uses an iterative technique for calculating the function.
* Given a "probability" value, this function iterates until the result is accurate to within (plus or minust) 3x10^-7.
* If this function does not converge after 100 iterations, then #N/A is returned.
* You can use the NORM.DIST function to
* You can use the NORM.S.DIST function to
* You can use the NORM.S.INV function to
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.microsoft.com
* For the Google documentation refer to support.google.com
© 2023 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2023 Better Solutions Limited Top