INPUT(number, [#] filenumber)
Returns the open stream of an Input or Binary file (String).
|number||Any valid numeric expression specifying the number of characters to return.|
|filenumber||The number of the file (Integer).|
|* The "number" can be any numeric expression.|
* Any data read with this function is usually written to a file with the Print# or Put statements.
* Use this function with files opened in Input or Binary mode.
* Unlike the Input statement, this function returns all of the characters it reads, including commas, carriage returns, line feeds, quotation marks and leading spaces.
* With files opened for binary access, an attempt to read through the file using this function until EOF returns True, will generate an error.
* You can use the LOF and LOC functions instead of EOF when reading binary files with Input, or use GET when using the EOF function.
* You can use the INPUTB function that is used with byte data.
* You can use the INPUT$ function to return a String data type instead of a Variant/String data type.
* You can use the INPUTB$ function to return a String data type instead of a Variant/String data type.
* The equivalent .NET function is Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileSystem.Input
* This function is not available in Access.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to docs.microsoft.com
© 2021 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2021 Better Solutions Limited Top