Returns the arithmetic mean of non blank cells in a list, table or cell range.
|number1||The first number.|
|number2||(Optional) The second number.|
|* The arithmetic mean is the most common measure of central tendency.|
* This function includes hidden rows.
* Arguments that are numbers are included.
* Arguments that are zero are included.
* Arguments that are dates are included.
* Arguments that are logical values are excluded from the denominator.
* Arguments that are text are excluded from the denominator.
* If any cell references are empty, then these are excluded.
* If any cell references contain an error, then that error is returned (Row 15).
* You can have a maximum of 255 arguments.
* You can use the AVERAGEA function to include logical values and text in the denominator.
* You can use the AVERAGEIF function to satisfy one condition.
* You can use the AVERAGEIFS function to satisfy multiple conditions.
* You can use the AGGREGATE function to exclude hidden rows.
* For an illustrated example refer to the page under Central Tendency.
* You can enter the abbreviated function name "=AVG()" although you will be prompted to change this to "AVERAGE".
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
1 - What is the arithmetic mean or average of 2 and 4.
© 2018 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2018 Better Solutions Limited Top