SUBTOTAL(function_num, ref1 [,ref2])
Returns the subtotal of values in a list, table or cell range.
|function_num||The number 1 to 11 that specifies which function to use in calculating subtotals within a list:|
1,101 = AVERAGE
2,102 = COUNT
3,103 = COUNTA
4,104 = MAX
5,105 = MIN
6,106 = PRODUCT
7,107 = STDEV
8,108 = STDEVP
9,109 = SUM
10,110 = VAR
11,111 = VARP
|ref1||The first reference you want to subtotal.|
|ref2||(Optional) The second reference.|
|* AGGREGATE was added in Excel 2010 to replace this function.|
* For an illustrated example refer to the page under Advanced Functions.
* Rows are always excluded when they are hidden using AutoFilter
* Rows are always excluded when they are hidden using Hide Rows
* Rows are always excluded when they are hidden using Grouping
* If any of the references are 3-D references, then #VALUE! is returned.
* Nested functions are typically used in conjunction with Grouping.
* Rows are always excluded when there are Nested Subtotals
* You can have a maximum of 255 arguments.
* In Excel 2007 the function numbers 1 to 11 and 101 to 111 all do exactly the same thing.
* In Excel 2007 if you are using the numbers 101 to 111 these should be replaced with numbers 1 to 11.
* In Excel 2003 the function numbers 101 to 111 were added.
* For the Microsoft documentation refer to support.office.com
© 2021 Better Solutions Limited. All Rights Reserved. © 2021 Better Solutions Limited Top